Monday, July 9, 2007

Sizing me up


Big news from over the weekend, and that big news is…me! Even though I’m only 1 1/2 months old, I’ve officially outgrown my 0-3 month clothes, and have now dipped into my 3-6 month wardrobe (I have so many outfits in that size, that I might have to do a couple changes each day just to make sure I wear everything!).

At exactly the same time I was outgrowing my clothes, I finished up our stash of size 1 diapers, which were starting to get tight on me, and am wearing size 2 diapers now.


My parents and I sure are curious to find how much I weigh now, but we’ll be kept in suspense until Friday, when I have my next doctor’s appointment. (Which reminds me, does anyone know what a vaccination is? Because I hear that I’ll be getting a couple of them on Friday. As long as it doesn’t involve anyone sticking me with a needle like they did in the hospital, I’m sure it will be fine.)

To celebrate my growing a size, my Dad put together a new slideshow, a fashion show featuring many of my favorite outfits, size 0-3 months (a few of them might be MIA: sometimes I changed clothes before Mom and Dad could get a picture!). It’s fun to watch me grow in size, and become significantly more alert, right before your very eyes!




Meanwhile, I’m smiling and babbling regularly, and having lots of fun playing with my activity gym. On Friday night, when my Dad came home from work, I greeted him with a huge smile because I was so happy to see him. I literally watched him melt in front of me. My smiles have the same effect on Mom. I have the two of them totally wrapped around my finger!


The Montclair fireworks were rescheduled for Saturday night, and my parents watched them with some of their friends who came to visit me (including my soon-to-be-godmother Ileana and her family). I heard the fireworks were great, but I don’t know for sure, as I was wisely kept far away from them. Babcia watched over me inside the house and covered my ears during the show (apparently they were loud, so I’m glad she was protecting me). Maybe next year I’ll actually get to see them.