Sunday, August 26, 2007

Three months and a baby


I wasn’t born yesterday; it just seems that way! Yet somehow, three whole months have now passed since I came along. As of yesterday, I’m now three months old (yet I’ve already started wearing size 6-9 months clothes). My parents still can’t get over how much I’ve changed since they first looked at me…of course, they ain’t seen nothing yet! To celebrate, Dad is putting together a new slideshow of my highlights from the past month. It’s not quite ready yet, so look for that the next time I post.


It was another busy, fun week for me. When I haven’t been going on big outings (see below), I’m doing lots of new things with Mom and Dad. Dad and I have been dancing together a lot this week to some of my favorite songs (including “That Thing You Do,” from the movie of the same name, and “Express Yourself”). Dad sings them to me, and I’m often so excited that I sing along (in my own way, of course). Mom has been working with me on using my hands. She’s helping me learn how to grab objects (like the things hanging off my rockers, or even better, her hair), and I’m getting better at it every day.

I’m happy to say that we have three Ask Julia questions this week. The first one is from Aunt Paula:

I understand that you went to New York City again to visit your mother's and father's offices. What did you think of them? I bet that all the people were happy to see you. Do you think that you will be getting a passport soon?


Yes, Mom did take me in to the city (with a little help from Babcia and Grandma), and I was pleasantly surprised to go into a tall, bright building and find Dad there waiting for me. He introduced me to a few of his coworkers, all of whom I charmed (of course!). Then Mom took me to the place where she says she works (though I’m not quite sure when she does that), and you would have though I was Suri Cruise the way everyone crowded around me and eagerly passed me from person to person. I enjoyed the attention, though it was a little much at times.

As for that passport, I don’t think any plans are in the works yet, but who knows what 2008 might bring?

Our next question comes from Dido, who read about my trip last weekend to the country.

Now that you enjoyed the country, will your ask your parents to take you to the top of the ridge behind your house? There are so many trees there that you will enjoy (and you don't have to travel by some windy roads to get there). Let me know how you like it.


Sounds like fun! I asked Mom and Dad to take me there but they said the weather has been too lousy (it’s always either raining or boiling) for me to go for a walk anywhere, much less a trip up to the ridge. So Dido, it might fall on you and Babcia to take me there! I’m sure I’ll love it. Just make sure you protect me from the bugs, because I’m still too young to wear insect repellent.

Our final question comes from my friend Isabella:

I had a lot of fun at your Baptism. You made it look so easy! My brother had told me that I had to participate throughout the whole ceremony, like he did. (In case you didn't hear me during your Baptism, I was practicing in the back pew.) But since you're my best friend, I'll trust you on this...do I have to cry the whole time, or can I just nap and have everyone else do whatever they do?
Very good question, Isabella. I know that your Baptism is in two weeks, so it’s nice to see that you’re planning ahead. There are several schools of thought on this: some say sleep though the whole thing, some say scream your head off and others suggest sleeping until you come in contact with the holy water and then start screaming. Personally, I think you should go with your gut, and whatever reaction feels right to you. This is one of the only times that you can cry in public and people will think it’s cute, so that’s an attractive option. But remember, if you’re an angel through the whole ceremony, you’ll make your parents very happy, and you can use that as leverage down the line to make them buy you something (like a red convertible). One other thing: my Mom—your godmother—will be holding you during the ceremony, so please go easy on her!


That’s it for now. I’m going to enjoy the rest of the day with Dad, because apparently he’s going to have an incredibly busy week at work (almost everyone else is on vacation!). One final thing: if you haven’t noticed, it’s been a lot harder lately finding the time to get on and blog. There’s just so much fun stuff to do all day, and before I know it, it’s already time to go to bed (and yes, to my parents’ delight, I’m continuing to sleep through the night)! So I think going forward, I’ll probably be blogging on more of a weekly basis. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still send me questions; in fact, I’m counting on them!

Hope you have a good week!