Monday, December 29, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas


Where to begin? I have so many videos and photos to share from what was a very merry Christmas! I'm going to go in order, but first let me skip ahead and mention that in addition to all the great presents Santa gave me (more on that tomorrow), he also left me with something even worse than a lump of coal in one's stocking: I got a cold, a fever and an ear infection! I was in good spirits overall, but kept having mini-meltdowns; this helps explains why (Mom and Dad thought I was just overwhelmed). The good news is, the worst seems to be over now (and my fever seems to be gone), but I'm still congested and I'll be on antibiotics for another week.


So let's rewind back to Christmas Eve. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jess, Uncle Ryan, Bobbi (which is what I call Babcia now) and Dido joined us for church and a very yummy Ukrainian-themed Christmas Eve dinner. Here's a video of me at both Christmas Eve dinner and then Christmas Day dinners with the family. But first, I had to do a little primping to get ready. Don't I look pretty? (And by the way, if you listen closely at dinner, you can hear me say everyone's first names: not just Mom and Dad's but Bobbi and Dido's and Grandma and Grandpa's! Pretty and smart!)



After Christmas Eve dinner, it was time for me to get ready for bed, but first I had very important business to tend to. I baked some cookies for Santa with Mom's help, and then I wrote a note for him in the hope that he would leave me some presents.



Here's a look at my Christmas Eve preparations for Santa:



So what do you think? Were the cookies and my use of of the word "please" enough to convince Santa to visit and leave me "toys"? Check back tomorrow to find out!