Saturday, June 2, 2007

Lynch family reunion


There have been many more firsts since we last spoke. I won’t be making it down to North Carolina next month for Dad’s Lynch Family Reunion, but we had our own Lynch Family Reunion right in Montclair – or more accurately, “Lynch Family Union,” because it was the first time I met my Dad’s family. On Saturday, I met my Aunt Jessica and Uncle Ryan, who were so happy to see me. I have a feeling that I’ll be able to convince my Aunt to buy me lots of stylish clothes when I get older.




And my uncle has already promised (threatened?) to buy me toys that make the loudest noises possible, all the better to drive my parents crazy. And I finally got to spend some quality time with my Grandma and Grandpa. I was pretty well behaved, though I decided to show off and give Dad an extra-dirty diaper to deal with, complete with unlimited free refills. I think he changed me three times in two minutes. It doesn’t break my record of four diapers during one changing, but it comes close. Later that day, Babcia and Dido visited, so I got to spend time with all four grandparents.


Also, I’ve been getting to know some things around the house. I love my swing, and can often fall asleep in it. When we’re out on the porch, Mom and Dad often put me in my baby papasan seat. I really like looking at lights and taking in the world.


A couple times a day, a nice UPS man comes to the door and brings all sorts of fun presents for me. I’ve received so many nice clothes, cards and other items. It’s so nice to know that so many people are happy for me, and for my parents. I can’t wait to meet all of them!

I’m staying awake longer, and fussing a bit more. When they’ve exhausted their options, Mom and Dad give me a pacifier, which usually does the trick. I suck on my pacifier like I suck on my bottle: vigorously and loudly. My Dad says I sound like Maggie Simpson.


Other stuff has been going on. Dad has been getting quite used to wearing my spit-up, among other bodily fluids. He says I excel at both accuracy and distance. During my feedings and diaper changes, he acts like some forensics person from CSI, trying to predict my possible “splatter patterns” and making sure all the bases are covered. Silly Dad, don’t you realize that resistance is futile?