Tuesday, June 5, 2007

So long JasonandVera.com!


You know, something has been bugging me. This website is called jasonandvera.com, but it’s all about yours truly. What does a girl have to do to get top billing around here? So I took matters into my own hands, and set up my own domain name. From here on in, if you go to JuliaMadeline.com, you’ll be able to reach me (don’t worry, jasonandvera.com will still point here as well). JuliaMadeline.com – I like the sound of that.


Something else has been bugging me, in fact, pretty much all the rooms at home. For the past month or so, Mom and Dad have noticed some moths around the house. The problem has gotten worse since I got home, so Dad had to call an exterminator. Turns out we had something called a cloth webbing moth, which was originating in our china closet (we don’t know if it was in the wood, or possibly the korovai (ceremonial Ukrainian bread) that we had shellacked from our wedding and placed on top, or some other mystery host.


So today, we had to clear out of our home for a few hours while they sprayed. That meant I got to make my first trip to Babcia and Dido’s house. I also met Mom’s bird, Dante. That bird sure can squawk! And people say I’m loud!


On our way home, we stopped at Applegate’s, the terrific local ice cream shop. Sad to say, Mom and Dad teased me but wouldn’t actually let me have any (something about how I can’t have anything chocolate until I’m 1 – but I think Mom just made that up). However, they promised to take me there lots of times in the future. Consider that a binding contract, Mom and Dad!


But my favorite trip of all so far was the one we took last night to the Presby Memorial Iris Gardens, just a block away from home. Mom and Dad strapped me into my sleek new stroller and we took our first family stroll through the irises, which peaked last week but still look very pretty.

I can’t wait to see where we go next!