Friday, September 26, 2008

Ask Julia: 9/26/08


I know, I know...I've been a bad blogger this week. But I've been spending time with Dad, who was on vacation all week, and he's kept me so busy that I haven't had time to write (even to point out that yesterday was my 16-month birthday!). I'll fill you in next week on everything I've been up to, but today let's dig into what is a very full Ask Julia mailbag.

First up is my pal Audrey:

Have you been drawing any pictures lately? Do you like crayons or markers? What do you draw? Have you experienced the permanent joy of drawing on furniture yet?
I've been "drawing" for months at storytime (Babcia does most of the work), but in the past few weeks I've started taking a real interest in it myself. I've used markers once or twice, but for the most part I'm a crayon fan.


These are special crayons for made smallfry like myself, but I also use "real" crayons from time to time. Right now I'm just scribbling and making lots of lines, but I expect to branch out shortly into more experimental work. And I didn't realize that you could draw on furniture. I'll have to try that sometime, especially if I get my hands on some permanent markers!

Isabella, whom I missed seeing at the park this week (I guess Dad doesn't know the way — but at least we still saw each other at swim class!), also had some questions:

How's your gym class going? What's your favorite activity? I can't wait to go too!
I will write more about this in a future post, but yes I've been going to class at the Little Gym with Mom and Dad every Saturday morning. I get to run around, play with a parachute, play with bouncy balls ... every few minutes there is a new activity. Right now, my favorite thing to do is run around by myself on the equipment. I'll have to bring a camera one of these days so you can see me in action.

And to close, we have several queries from Aunt Paula:

Have you been watching any of your videos lately. Do you still have the same reaction when they are over with?
Yes, I still do watch my videos once or twice a day. And when one ends, I immediately point and whine for another one to play. I do throw a tantrum if Mom and Dad don't stick to the routine, which is to show me just enough videos that I feel like I've had my fill and I'm ready to do something else.

It sure looks like you enjoy reading. After you are done with all your books, do you put them away or does the maid do that?
My version of putting them away is what you saw in the video: just throwing them down. I just assumed they magically returned to their rightful places — isn't that how it works?

I understand that you were at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Did you do something special with them?
Yes, I was down there for a couple days, after they came up and visited last weekend so Mom and Dad could go to the last Yankee Stadium game (and by the way, thanks for taking me to see it before they tear it down, Dad!).

How was the Discovery Museum? I bet you had fun. Were there things for you to play with there?
I'll write more about this next week, but it was terrific. There's a kids museum just a few miles away from Grandma and Grandpa. Dad took me this week and I had the best time. It was even better than the Austin Children's Museum!

Do you have any more trips planned for the fall?
Not that I know of, but Mom and Dad don't really keep me in the loop on those things. I just know that every once in a while, they'll wake me up really early and whisk me to the airport for another adventure.

Looks like we're in for a soggy weekend, so stay dry everyone and I'll be back to my usual blogging self next week!