Monday, March 30, 2009

Ask Julia: 3/30/09

Wow, I don't think I've had this many questions since Ask Julia was first launched! This batch is courtesy of Aunt Paula:

Thanks for sharing your recent videos. I really like the one of you at your friend's birthday party with the slide. You seemed to really enjoy them. Now that I have officially retired from all amusement park rides, do you think that your mom might pick up my slack?
Do you think that she might try some of the mini roller coasters?
That would be a no. Mom hates those rides. If she really loved me she'd suck it up and ride with me, but she won't. It's all I can do to get her on the carousel when Dad's not around. But I don't believe you're completely retired anyway, Aunt Paula. If Dad takes me out to Cedar Point, I think I can convince you to go on Top Thrill Dragster with me!

In the video with Nia, you seemed to share the ball with her at times. Do you think that you are getting better at sharing?
That's another big no. If Dad had kept filming for a bit, you would have seen me sobbing because Nia touched my chalk. The nerve of her!

Now to the BIG questions about your soon to be here BROTHER:
I think that you will really enjoy showing him how to do things. Do you think that you will help change his diaper?
I think I will like watching his diaper get changed, the same way I like watching people in the bathroom. I'm very curious about everything that happens in there (not curious enough to try it myself, however!).

I remember when your parents were waitng for your much anticipated arrival, that they called you Vera Jr.? What do they call your brother? Jason Jr.?
They tried Jason Jr. and it didn't really stick. For the most part, we just call him Brother or Baby Brother.

I think that we should have a little contest to pick the name of your brother. What do you think?
Umm....

I have a few suggestions. First, do you know if your parents are going to keep up with the intials JML?
They haven't told me anything, but I don't think so.

If so, here we go. What about: Jarret Michael, Jonathan Matthew, Jared Mark.
Or if we go with the V's for your mom: Victor Henry, Vincent Harold, Vladimir Horace
What do you think of these names. Am I getting close?
I have no idea. Mom and Dad haven't said a word to me. It's not that I can't keep a secret, it's that I don't even know what a secret is. As for my opinion about those names, check out the video below.

I think that you should ask on your blog for suggestions, and we could have a little fun. What do you think?
I know that Mom and Dad won't like that at all because just like they did when I was born, they don't want to open the floor to suggestions. They've picked a name (whatever it is), and they are sticking to it! But that doesn't mean I don't have some very strong opinions. Dad asked me a couple of the names you mentioned above, and here's how I reacted and what name I came up with:



So there you have it. I think that's going to be a very long birth certificate!