Friday, October 5, 2007

Grandma 2, Julia 0


My cradlecap is off to the Indians, but really, for the game to turn because of a gnat infestation on the field doesn’t really seem right (poor Joba, he deserved better). As you can see from the photo above, I was already getting my last feeding, and on my way to bed when the game went into extra innings, so once again, I can’t be held responsible for things that happen when I’m off in dreamland.

My Aunt Paula sent a couple new questions today:

If the Indians take this series and end up playing the Red Sox, who will you be cheering for in those games?
If that happens (and I’m not throwing in the towel yet; the team came back from this same situation in 2001), then I’ll definitely root for your Indians. Because there are no circumstances under which I’d ever root for the Red Sox.

I didn't realize that your Mom was a Yankees fan. How did that happen?
She was never really a Red Sox fan (she rooted for them a little bit as a kid because her dad did, but her heart wasn’t really in it), so when she met Dad, she started to follow the Yankees because he did. I think she tolerates the team more than actively roots for them, but she can name most of the players on the team, which is pretty impressive.

No game tomorrow, so I’ll be enjoying the weekend with Mom and Dad. Then we’ll see what happens Sunday. So far these playoffs have been about as fun as getting my vaccinations!