Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Julia takes Manhattan


First off, a special message to my relatives who are Indians fans: thanks for ripping out my heart and shattering my dreams, not once but twice in the same week. First you sent my Yankees—and Joe Torre—packing, and then you let the Red Sox back into the World Series…just as I’m heading up to Connecticut! Thanks guys, you must really love me to give me such a wonderful gift. There’s only one way to make this up to me…buy me lots of presents.


Sunday I went into Manhattan with my parents. I’d been there twice before, but never like this. We ran all over the city, jumping from subway to subway to bus and back again. Mom and Dad thought my head would explode, there was so much for me to look at! We stayed at the W in Union Square, where Mom was running her big training conference. My only complaint was that the hotel was very hip, which means that everything was very dim. And you know me, I like to see as much light as possible. But otherwise, I loved it. I especially liked the comfy king bed, even though I ended up sleeping in a crib. In fact, Mom and Dad were forced to have their wedding anniversary dinner in the bathroom since I was fast sleep. I don’t feel bad, because why are they celebrating events that happened before I came along?

When Mom was at work, Dad took me around Union Square and showed me all these neat fruits and veggies at the Farmers Market. Such pretty colors! Manhattan has everything…well, except for my Jumperoo. Dad could tell that as much as I love New York, I was ready to go home, so we did just that on Monday.


Another big first today with Dad. I sat in my first restaurant high-chair, when we went out to lunch at Raymond’s with Babcia and Dido. I loved it, because since no one was holding me, I had more chances to lunge for everything at the dinner table. Menus, placemats, silverware…nothing was safe!

Mom’s conference ends tomorrow so she’ll be coming home. It’s about time…I’ve really missed her!
As busy as my week as been, there’s so much more still to come: back to the city for a Halloween party, then a trip up to Connecticut. I’ll tell you all about it next week. Until then, why don’t you send me a question or two?