Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twenty-something



If you had 20 lbs. 11 oz. in the pool, you're a winner! That's what I weighed in at when I had my six-month checkup this morning. And I'm also 28 inches tall. The doctor also cleared up several of our questions, so let's do a pediatrician-inspired lightning round of Ask Julia:

Why aren't you rolling over yet?
Um, did you see how much I weigh? Bigger babies like me tend not to be as mobile, so the whole rolling over thing might not happen for awhile.

Why do you keep smacking yourself in the head?
Turns out this is a common practice in teething babies. It soothes me somehow.

Speaking of teething, when's that going to happen?
Any day now, apparently. The doctor pointed out two bumps on my lower gum, which are teeth that are close to breaking free.

When you can move on to Stage 2 foods?
Just as soon as those teeth come in.

I got another round of shots, including a flu shot (grrrr), which put me out of commission for much of the afternoon. I also have a bit of a fever after all of that activity, so tonight might be touch and go. Hopefully I'll be in good shape tomorrow for Thanksgiving.



First thing tomorrow, I'm heading down to Grandma and Grandpa's for Turkey Day. I'm looking forward to seeing them, Aunt Jessica and Uncle Ryan (as well as Babcia and Dido, who will also be coming down). My first Thanksgiving should be swell, as I have a lot to be thankful for: being born; my loving parents; the best nannies in the world, both full-time (that's you, Babcia and Dido!) and part-time (Grandma and Grandpa); and all of you blog readers, who have given me such love and support (and gifts!) these past six months. Of course, I'd be even more thankful if you'd send some Ask Julia questions for me to answer when I return home.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night!