Monday, December 10, 2007

Claus encounter


Each day closer to Christmas brings more holiday cheer. And I definitely needed some last weekend, because I was congested (I'm doing much better now). On Saturday, Mom and Dad took me to a local home to see the massive Christmas decorating display put on each year by the dentist who lives there. It was quite spectacular.

While doing some holiday shopping in town earlier that day, we stumbled across Jolly Old Saint Nick himself, who was greeting kids at the children's clothing store. With no other tiny tots present at the time, he came up to me and said hello. I started out tentatively happy, but my composure quickly began to crack, and once I flashed my patented Sad Face (a surefire signal that disaster is imminent), Santa wisely stepped away so Mom and Dad could diffuse the situation and get me smiling once again. So it looks like we'll have to wait at least another year before I can tell Santa what I want for Christmas.