Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Movement in three parts

I'd been predicting for some time that I would probably skip crawling all together, but I've started warming up to the idea after all. Now that the Christmas tree is gone, I have the open space to start experimenting with my movement techniques. So there's a little leaning, a little reaching, a little scootching, a little pivoting and on occasion, even a little crawling (okay, it's usually backwards, but give a girl credit for trying!).

Here's a look at my latest strides in mobility. Egged on by Mom and Dad, I've been trying to stretch my boundaries...at least, when I don't get sidetracked.


Okay, take two. This time around, I had a little unexpected surprise in store, as Mom and Dad caught an achievement of mine on video for the very first time.


Third time's the charm, right? Let's see what I've learned (and yes, that includes the backwards crawling I mentioned earlier).


So I still have some kinks to work out (for example, what should I be doing with that extra leg that keeps getting in the way?), but just wait, before long I'll be motoring around the house on all fours!