Saturday, January 5, 2008

You say you want a resolution

Greetings, all. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, which has made for a rough week. Every time we think I'm getting better, my nose turns into a spigot again. But even while I've been a bit off my game, I've had time to think about my resolutions for 2008.

Initially, my resolution was to learn to play a musical instrument...


Done. Mom and Dad got me a bongo, and I've hit that a few times, so I think that counts. Just to be sure, I'll be going to music class with them starting next Saturday. I think I'll be an accomplished pianist at the end of the sessions, but I'm not 100 percent positive about that.

So anyway, I went back to the drawing board and came up with this list of new year's resolutions:

1) Learn to walk

2) Learn to talk

3) Learn to stalk (as in, follow Mom and Dad around incessantly. But I'll have to master resolution #1 first.)

4) Hide the nasal aspirator, so Mom and Dad can't use it on me anymore.

5) Get the ball rolling on teething. Enough is enough already!

6) Put something new in my mouth every day.


7) Finally get my hands on Dad's Blackberry.

8) Continue to have one stranger each day tell Mom, Dad, Babcia or Dido how adorable/cute/beautiful/well-behaved/happy I am.

9) No more shots!

and finally...

10) Keep Mom and Dad on their toes all year long.

Speaking of resolutions, apparently none of you made a resolution to send me questions, because my mailbox has been empty this whole year, aside from one letter from my most loyal reader, Aunt Paula:

I am really enjoying watching you bounce around in your toys. How do you have so much energy?

As always, I'm fully committed in everything I do: playing, sleeping, eating, filling my diaper...

I think you are waving just great. Have you tried it out in public yet?

I sure have. Just today, at lunch with Mom, Dad and some of their friends, I was waving. Sometimes at them, sometimes at the TV screens, sometimes at nothing in particular. But it's still fun to do.