Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ask Julia: Turks & Caicos edition


I really wish I was back in Turks & Caicos with Mom and Dad! That's not happening anytime soon, so I'll have to make do with reliving the trip by answering your Ask Julia questions about my vacation. The first came from my friend Isabella:

It looks like you had so much fun on vacation! What was your favorite part?
I'd say it's a tie between going in the pool and meeting all the Sesame Street characters. My favorite moment of the trip would be the parade, which was probably the most excited I've ever been!

Mommy and I were reading your blog and I couldn't believe you were hanging out with Elmo. I didn't know he was real! I've seen him and all his friends on my diapers, but who knew they all really existed? I think my parents are holding out on me too! I'm so glad that we're friends and can keep each other in the know about important stuff like this.
Trust me, he's definitely real! (And by the way, so is the Easter Bunny, who I saw a bunch of times in the spring.)

Here's what Grandma asked me:

Grandpa and I are so happy you enjoyed your family beach vacation, including your many close encounters with the Sesame Street gang! I'm curious if you think your Mom and Dad will relent a bit now and let you view Sesame Street on TV, at least occasionally, so you can catch up with your new friends!
You would think so, but no, my TV viewing hasn't increased at all since we got back and I still haven't seen even a single moment of Sesame Street. Mom and Dad point out that I will probably be disappointed by simply watching my friends on TV after getting to interact with them in person. That's why they've already talked about taking me back to see them, not in Turks & Caicos (darn!) but at Sesame Place theme park in Pennsylvania. Dad says it has Sesame Street characters and pools, so what's not to like? Grover, I'll be catching up with you soon!


My final vacation questions came from Aunt Paula:

I have really enjoyed a whole week of Fantasy Island. I hate to see it come to an end. Do you think that you can talk your parents into more fun vacations soon?
As much as I loved the trip, I was very happy to be back home, so I'm content not to do any other big trips for awhile. I did hear that we might go on a smaller trip in a couple months, so that should be fun.

Were you the youngest child at the resort? Did you make any new friends besides Elmo and Grover?
While there were kids younger than me, I certainly was one of the younger kids there (keep in mind, however, that there were a lot of kids of all ages). And yes, I did make friends with people besides Elmo and Grover. Abby Cadabby, for one:



If you're talking about kids my age, yes, I did have contact with a few kids that I kept running into all week. I'm not really old enough to interact with them other than waving and saying "hi" but it was still nice to make friends.

I really liked all your bathing suits. Did you get a little sun tan?
Not on my face, as Mom and Dad kept that darn sunhat on the whole time, but I did get color on my arms and legs. Thankfully I did not get burned, so I'll begrudgingly admit that all that sunscreen Mom and Dad made me wear seems to have worked.

I am looking forward to seeing you next weekend. Do you think that we can play together? Do I have to dress up like one of the Sesame Street characters?
I sure hope that we play together, unless I'm in one of my moods where I don't warm up to people I haven't seen in a long while. But I had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa last weekend so let's hope for the best. If you dress like a Sesame Street character I'll probably be interested for a few minutes, but inevitably my attention will wander and I'll start focusing on something else. So it's probably not worth the effort.