Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Double down


This photo is for those of you who think, judging by the photos I post, that I smile all the time. Mom, Dad, Babcia and Dido call this my Abby expression, in honor of my cousin who flashes this scowl from time to time.

But I have very good reason to be unhappy, as I've been sick for about a month now. After staying out of the doctor's office (aside from scheduled checkups) almost all year, I've gone three times in the last three weeks, with another appointment scheduled on Wednesday. My nasal congestion spread to my chest, which accounts for my coughing the past couple weeks. That finally triggered a fever and double ear infection (that's two infections for the price of one!) last week. So now I have to eat this gross pink stuff called amoxicillin twice a day. They try and slip it into my food, but I know it's there. My fever is gone (though I'm still rubbing my ears), and now everyone is dealing with a very unpleasant side effect of the antibiotics: frequent, explosive dirty diapers. How explosive, you ask? Well, I'm actually soaking through my diapers and my clothes!

Needless to say, we all can't wait for this to pass, so hopefully I'll be all better in time for my birthday.