Monday, May 26, 2008

Look who's walking!


I was going to start blogging tonight about my incredible birthday party, but that will have to wait until tomorrow because I have breaking news to report: I took my first steps today! And better yet, we have it on video!

Some quick backstory: Mom and Dad thought I'd be walking months ago after all the standing I was doing, but once I got the hang of crawling, I completely lost interest in being upright. But that started to change last month, when everyone noticed that I was standing, unassisted, for several seconds at a time. Then last week, Dad saw me take a half-step once or twice, which indicated to him that I was getting prepped for walking. He's been trying to entice me to take a few steps ever since, but no dice. Finally, while having dinner at my friend Isabella's house, I took the bait and walked a couple steps. The first time I did it, Dad thought he had recorded me but was distressed to learn that he didn't get the footage. No worries: I repeated the feat again two more times (with a lot of coaxing and false starts in between). Mom and Dad were very excited, as you can imagine. I guess I was just holding out until I turned one; now there will be no stopping me!

And now, without further ado:



It's only a couple steps, I know, and I still prefer crawling for now. But just you wait: a month from now, I'll be zipping around everywhere!

I'll start blogging about my birthday bash tomorrow, so check back then.