Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving d(el)ay

Apparently I'm allergic to Thanksgiving. Last year I was sick on Thanksgiving after suffering a bad reaction to the flu shot I received the day before. This year, however, was much worse: I picked up a really nasty stomach virus over the weekend. And on top of that, I decided to share the wealth and pass it along to both Mom and Babcia. So we're all having a pretty rough week. I also "celebrated" another not-so-wonderful first yesterday: my first time throwing up (as opposed to spitting up, which I've had a lot of experience at).

It was touch and go there for awhile, but Mom, Dad and I are going to make the trip down to Grandma and Grandpa's anyway. Grandma has graciously agreed to delay Thanksgiving dinner by a day until tomorrow, in the hope that Mom and I will have recuperated enough to actually be able to sample some of the meal.

So I hope that you all enjoy Thanksgiving today; I'll try to do the same tomorrow. Gobble gobble!