Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Touched by a museum


I've been lucky enough to go to several children's museums this year, and two weeks ago I visited the undisputed king of them all. No, not the disappointing Port Discovery in Baltimore, but the new and improved (and relocated) Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia.

Mom and Dad took me there before they ditched me for the weekend (I had more fun with Grandma and Grandpa anyway, so there!). First off, if you take me to a place called Please Touch, you're darn sure that I'm going to do just that, especially since "touch" is one of my favorite words. So let's see, there were lilly pads to jump around in...



A shoe store for me to run wild in...



A duck pond for me to splash around in...



And that was just the beginning (there was even a carousel — they thought of everything!). Take a look at this long video of my fun-filled, and exhausting, day.



I had so much fun that I passed out as we left and I napped for almost 3 hours. I don't even think I had a chance to explore every nook and cranny, so I'm going to make sure Mom and Dad take me back again real soon!

By the way, today is my 18-month birthday. I'm a year and a half now, can you believe it?