Monday, March 23, 2009

Ask Julia: 3/23/09


I know I'm a few days late on producing Part 2 of the Ask Julia mailbag, but I had another one of my temper tantrums (who says the "terrible twos" don't start until you turn 2?) and time just got away from me. Aunt Rebecca had a bunch a questions for me, so let's get right to them:

Now that baseball season is soon approaching, I have a few questions for you.

1. What do you feel the Yankees' best moves were in this off season? Have they done enough to take them to the playoffs this year?
To tell you the truth, we're a little mad at the Yankees right now. They moved to a new stadium this year and now that they've squeezed in so many more luxury seats (which, by the way, no one can afford), Dad's seats got moved far, far away. So it will take a little time for us to get over the team's shoddy treatment of us and starting enjoying the team again.

2. What are your thoughts on A-Rod? No, I'm not interested in his divorce or friendship with Madonna. I'm talking about his use of 'roids. Should hi stats be put in the same category as those of McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds? And why have all those Yankee players' names been associated with steroids with hardly an mention of the Red Sox players? It's been said that 4 out of 5 players have used steroids, so why were the Red Sox names left out of the Mitchell report?
All I have to say about A-Rod is that he's a bigger baby, and has less street smarts, than either me or my still-unborn baby brother. And he lies about effectively as I do when I insist that I don't have a dirty diaper even though anyone with a nose in a 10-foot radius knows the truth.
But you raise a good point. Even Red Sox fans would agree that with everything going on in baseball back before testing, there's no way that those self-proclaimed "idiots" on the Red Sox team that won the World Series in 2004 were all drug-free. This whole thing is going to get much uglier as more names inevitably come out.

3. You looked adorable in your Minnie Mouse dress. Do you have the high heels to match?
No high heels, but I just got some matching boots for the raincoat and umbrella that I got from the Disney Store that same day.

4. Tell us about your new bedroom.
There's not much to say because there's no furniture yet (Mom, Dad and I started to look for a bed and desk this past weekend) and the closet isn't finished yet (that will happen next week, now that the closet lady came and designed a terrific closet system for me). But it's painted purple and has a gorgeous chandelier. I think I'm going to love it.

5. Are you excited about the impending arrival of your new brother? What tricks are you planning to teach him?
I like rubbing Mom's tummy, where my brother is, and I try to touch him through Mom's belly button but it doesn't seem to be working. The only trick I can think of right now is how to crawl out of the crib, but I'm still learning that one myself. Give me another week or two, and I should be able to get myself all the way over the railing.

6. How many teeth do you have now? How long before you get your first visit with a dentist, other than Aunt Jessica?
I have too many teeth to count. They go all the way to the back of my mouth, though there are still some gaps in there. Mom says maybe in another year I'll start visiting a dentist. Until then, I love brushing my teeth. Mom or Dad puts some toothpaste on the toothbrush and brushes a bit to get me started, then I start gnawing away all by myself. I'll have to take a video sometime.

7. How tall are you now, how much do you weigh, and what sizes are you wearing now?
I don't have a height and weight update since my doctor's appointments are so infrequent these days. The last time I went, back in December, I was 27 lbs. 7 oz. amd 35 inches tall. As for size, I just recently moved into size 3T after being in 2T pretty much since last summer. It's by far the longest I've remained in one size since I've been born.

8. Preschool. Is it in your future? Where and when?
It sure is. I'll be starting nursery school in the fall. Right now I'm signed up for five days a week (from 9 to 12), in the hopes that it will make things easier for Bobbi and Dido as they juggle two kids.

9. Have you see the Easter bunny hopping around, or is it still too cold there? we saw him hopping by our house and we told him your address so he can come visit you.
It's still pretty cold here. In fact, it snowed again on Friday! But I'm aware that Easter is on its way. Mom is already talking about coloring eggs and she gave me lots of plastic eggs to play with over the weekend (I made sure to throw them everywhere during one of my tantrums).

10. What's the best advice you can give your brother when he arrives?
That's simple: just don't touch any of my stuff, and don't infringe on any of my time with Mom and Dad, and we'll get along just fine.

Whew! Thanks for all the questions, Aunt Rebecca. If there's any questions she missed, send them my way and I'll answer them soon.