Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grandma 2, Julia 1


Now that’s more like it! It’s about time the Yankees’ bats woke up! I was worried that things would get out of hand again after I went to bed, but they pulled through to avoid an Indians’ sweep (and also keep Joe Torre employed for at least another day).

Two new questions from my Aunt Paula:

How do you feel about changing your strategy and root for the Indians today and then maybe your Yankees would win one?
Nope, I kept the faith and the Yankees finally came through. Jo-ba! Jo-ba! Jo-ba!


Do you have one of those Yankee flags outside your house?
Good heavens, no! No flags, bumper stickers, lawn ornaments or anything else gaudy with a Yankees logo. Though I hope Mom and Dad get me one of those “Joba Rules” T-shirts for Christmas.

Anyway, now that the Yanks won, let’s get on to more important matters. You know how I’ve been discovering a fun new sound every week or so? Well, over the past few days I’ve become quite the whine connoisseur. Yes, I’ve discovered how to whine, and I’ve quickly become a pro at it. Because how else to inform Mom and Dad that I’ve been bored for a whole two seconds? I know it’s not exactly endearing, but I don’t care. And besides, I’m sure I’ll move on to a new sound before long (though I’ll definitely make sure to keep that one in my arsenal).

My whining has led to another not-so-nice development over the past few nights. After sleeping through the night for a good 2 months, I’m now waking up around midnight or so and staying up for 2-3 hours. I’m not crying or sick, I’m just mostly whining. Sometimes – and this is the worst – I start grinning at my parents when they come in, signaling that I’m wide awake and ready to play. We’ll have to see how the next few nights unfold, but this is shaping up to be my first big showdown with Mom and Dad….


Lest you think I’ve turned into a nightmare overnight, let’s talk a bit about my good side. After a full week of eating a couple teaspoons of rice and oatmeal as part of my second feeding each day, I’ve grown to love the stuff! I eagerly devour it when Mom, Dad, Babcia or Dido put the spoon in my mouth; in fact I’m so excited that I grab the spoon and help guide it in (though I think I do more harm than good, as I usually move the spoon off its target and onto the side of my face instead). It’s too bad they can only give me a teeny more each day – I’m still learning how to digest it – because I wish I could eat a whole lot more of the stuff. I guess I have to learn how to be patient, which is certainly not my forte. Tomorrow I start eating barley…I hope that’s just as yummy as the other two!


I also flipped over for the first time tonight, from my stomach onto my back. It was a complete accident, and I have no idea how I did it, but it still counts, right? It happened while I was playing around a bit after warming up to my latest toy, a Fisher Price Kickin’ Bobbin’ Gym. I know what you’re thinking: What, another big toy? Hey, I’m very fickle these days. Don’t give me any more grief, or I’ll start whining!

We’ll talk again tomorrow night, when hopefully this series will be all tied up! Don’t forget to send along some questions.