Monday, October 29, 2007

Rocky (Hill) road

It was a whirlwind weekend for me, as I traveled up to Connecticut with Mom and Dad. It's not a trip I want to take again anytime soon, mostly because the drive up to Rocky Hill, Mom's hometown, took about 3 hours (instead of the usual 2) due to truly insane amounts of traffic. And since my threshold for spending time in my carseat is about 2 hours, well, let's just say that it wasn't a pleasant drive for anyone in that car. And did I mention there was also a torrential downpour outside to match my own torrential downpour of tears inside the car?

Once we got there, however, I was as happy as could be. We visited with all Mom's relatives, and I spent time with my cousins Sophia (left), Ava (right) and Abby (who was camera-shy). Ava, who is about a year and a half, was running around the house happily squealing, and Dad says I'll be doing that myself before too long.

Saturday night, Mom and Dad went to a surprise birthday party, and I hung out at the Rocky Hill Marriott (the very same hotel everyone stayed at for Mom and Dad's wedding) with Babcia and Dido. I'm really growing to like those hotel rooms, especially the king-size beds that I can stretch out in!

Our trip back home Sunday went much quicker, especially because I slept the whole way home. When we got back, Mom and Dad had another surprise for me: they fed me sweet potatoes for the first time. As you can see, I had no idea what I was in for! But I usually adapt quickly to new foods, so I'll probably grow to love it in a couple days.

Dad promised to upload more videos this week, so be sure to check back for more of my movies!