Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ask Julia: 9/3/08


My requests for more mail over the holiday weekend went unanswered, so we've got a tiny Ask Julia column for you today (you have no one to blame but yourselves, so start sending questions!). Grandpa sent me a couple questions two weeks ago after watching the video of my temper tantrum, so let's tackle those.

Did Mom/Dad relent and let you watch a 2nd or 3rd video?
Not that day, but since then we've come to more of an understanding with the videos. They let me watch a few at a time (usually first thing in the morning and at night before my bath) and eventually I either lose interest or I agree to say "bye" for now and move on to something else. But I do whip up some tears from time to time when they refuse to show me more.

Do they now show you the Perfect Fit video and how do you react to seeing yourself like that?
They do from time to time, and I don't really have any reaction. I just see a girl who did what she had to do. If I were in her shoes, I'd have reacted the same way!

In the last Ask Julia column, I promised Grandma that I'd post some photos of me using the popcorn popper toy that she bought me.



I also put together a video of my popper prowess, using music from one of my favorite songs.



The tune is "Popcorn," off of the new Barenaked Ladies kids CD that I love listening to. Whenever we're in the car, I whisper "pop-pop" so that Mom and Dad put it on. When I went to Wildwood with Mom, Babcia and Dido, I made them play the song over and over again during the whole trip!