Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy birthday to me, and welcome home Henry!

I'm not at all exaggerating when I say that yesterday, May 25, was one of the biggest days of my life. First off, I turned 2, so happy birthday to me! And then, Henry came home from the hospital. Welcome home, baby brother!

While Dad went to the hospital in the morning to get Mom and Henry, I went with Bobbi and Dido to a Memorial Day parade.

There were fire trucks and police cars and ambulances — basically, all my favorite things! I had a great time, and then we went to the park where I had tons of fun as Bobbi pushed me on the swings. Then we went back home, just in time for Henry's big homecoming!

I rushed right up to him and gave him a kiss.

After my nap, I learned that Henry had a big surprise in store for me: he got me my very own play kitchen for my birthday!

I love it so much! Now I can cook myself while Bobbi and Mom are in the kitchen. If he keeps doing nice things like that, he can stay here as long as he wants!

Alec and Isabella were supposed to come over for my birthday, but they were sick. I still had a blast though, because Dad brought out the Slide Bouncer, and I devised a new way to use it...

(By the way, Grandma: Dad wanted me to say that he had nothing to do with my discovery of how to slide head first! I came up with it all by myself!)

I could tell that Mom and Henry were both very happy to be home.

I will say this about Henry: all he seems to do is cry, sleep and eat. Doesn't he get bored with just doing those three things? Mom and Dad say I used to act the same way, but I think they're making that up.

Still, right now he's endlessly fascinating to me. (We'll see how long that lasts!) And no recap would be complete without some videos. First up is how I celebrated my big 2nd birthday:

And here's a look at Henry's homecoming:

Yesterday was a crazy day, and this week looks to be more of the same as we adjust to the family's new addition. So far, so good: Mom and Dad got through the first night without too much trouble (though Dad did accidentally step in a dirty diaper and tracked Henry's poo around the carpet before he realized what happened). In fact, Dad said the only thing he was worried about was that Henry's cries would wake me up. Don't worry, Dad, I'm sure that will happen before too long!

So aside from two posts that I had already banked from before Henry's arrival, I'm going to take the rest of the week off. And next week, I'll finally be able to let you all know what's going to happen to my blog now that Henry is here too. I think there will be other big news as well, because Mom and Dad keep talking about how I'm going to sleep in my Big Girl Bed tomorrow night....