Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation redux


I was trying to remember, how did I spend the Friday before Memorial Day weekend last year? Oh right...being born! But that's a conversation for Sunday. Let's finish off the week by sharing a few more photos and videos from the day of Aunt Jess's dental school graduation.

To get into Philly for the festivities, we all got onto a train. Choo-choooo!


I just loved catching up with Uncle Ryan, as you can see...


I kid, I kid! We had a blast together.

Before we left the dental school, we stopped by Aunt Jess's dentist chair, where she worked on patients from the clinic all year. I even found a tooth on the ground as a souvenir (kidding again).



Now on to the fun stuff. It took a whole year, but Dad finally got a real camcorder. Up until now, all my videos had been shot using the video setting on our digital camera. And while those videos look fine on YouTube and here on the blog, they don't look so great on TV. So the new camera is taking pretty high-def video, but don't worry—we're converting them to standard-def so you can still see them on YouTube (but from now on they'll be in widescreen). Eventually Dad will learn to edit things together and make everything super-entertaining, but for now he just put up some of the raw footage featuring moi. The first video contains two clips from the graduation itself. The dean's "welcome" remarks were booooooooring, so I had to come up with other ways to entertain myself. Then you see how excited I am to hear that Aunt Jess has officially graduated (and if you look closely, you might even spot her).



Then we have a few clips taken after graduation, when we were in a room at the dental school waiting for Aunt Jess to pick up an award, along with a nice check (that money could buy me a lot of toys, Aunt Jess!). First, I walked a bit with Uncle Ryan and crawled around; then I tried on Aunt Jess's graduation cap; then you see how successful Mom and Dad are at getting me to walk by myself (hint: not very, though I've been making progress this week).



And that's it. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend, and I hope to see a few of you on Sunday to celebrate my birthday. Which reminds me, make sure you all check in here on Sunday for a special birthday treat!