Monday, December 1, 2008

Going viral


This is a pretty historic photo, and not just because it's my first time eating an ice cream cone (which I did last weekend). It's also the last time in about a week that I ate pretty much anything, especially anything dairy.

Yes, my stomach virus is still going strong after a week, and I've managed to infect just about everyone who has come into contact with me. After rebounding a bit on Thanksgiving Day I backslid the following day. In a repeat of Wednesday, I was lethargic all morning Friday and then vomited up my lunch...and soon after I threw up a second time for good measure. So Mom and Dad took me to the doctor—actually, it was the office of Dad's pediatrician. The doctor there prescribed me a pill to help with the vomiting, but said otherwise this thing had to run its course.

So, I missed Thanksgiving dinner except for some potatoes. And how did I repay Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jess for being so nice to be and nursing me back to health during my visit? By passing along my stomach virus to all three of them Friday night, then leaving them behind Saturday morning as I headed back home with Mom and Dad. So the final tally is six people I infected: Mom, Babcia, Dido, Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jess. Sorry guys, and I'll get you next time, Dad!


Now, I feel much better and am getting my appetite and energy back, but I haven't completely shaken this thing. I still have diarrhea today so I had to go back to the doctor's office. They said they need to analyze some stool samples, which means that Mom, Dad, Babcia and Dido have a lot of fun ahead of them in the coming days! I also can't have dairy products for a few more days, which is not good news to someone who demands yogurt and milkshakes on at least an hourly basis.

Let's hope I finally kick this thing, because I have big plans for the coming weekend and I'd hate to have to miss them.