Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Santa Claus came to town!


So here we are, Christmas morning. I woke up, and Mom and Dad took me downstairs to see if Santa came. And he did! He even left me a thank you note for the cookies.


And look at all the presents!



After I finally got my bearings and had breakfast (what can I say, I'm still young enough that food trumps presents!), I sat down with Dad to open up the gifts that Santa left in my stocking.


Cool, markers and a book to color with!



Wow, something else to color with!



And an Abby Cadabby puzzle too! But wait, there's video:



Then it was time for the main event: Santa's real gifts, where were located in front of the tree because there were too big to go under the tree. Let's tally my booty this time:


Elmo Live and a fold-out Disney Princesses couch!



This is great. Elmo Live and I will be best friends forever!



Okay, at this point things are going South between me and Elmo. Take a look at the video below.



And look at this huge box. What could be in there?



On second thought, forget about it. There's better stuff to play with than a box!

Here's a long video of me opening all of Santa's gifts. Watch the evolution of my relationship with Elmo Live, a toy that managed to elicit both laughter and, ultimately, tears.



In my defense, there were several reasons for my mini-breakdowns. Elmo got a little scary, I was overwhelmed by all the gifts and attention and most importantly, I had an ear infection, people!

And once I opened all of Santa's gifts (and stopped crying), it was time for all the rest of my gifts from family and friends. But that's for another post.

Jumping ahead for a second to tonight's holiday, I hope you all enjoy your New Year's festivites tonight! I plan to be asleep when the ball drops, so I'm spending New Years with my pipa (pacifier) and my dreams...