Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blast from the past


I spent the holiday weekend in style, being pampered by Grandma and Grandpa at their house. While Mom and Dad popped in and out all weekend (they said they were out shopping for me, so I couldn't be too mad at them), I hung out with my grandparents, who had a "new" collection of toys for me to play with. Many of them belonged to my Dad, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jessica way back when they were kids. Check out this "activity center" from Dad's crib: no batteries or lights or anything! Of course, I'm sure in 30 years we'll look back and say that my stuff is from the Stone Age because it didn't have any holograms or high-definition screens.


It was fun, but everyone had to be extra vigilant because those toys don't have the same safety guidelines as the ones I have now. For example, the xylophone set I played with has a wooden mallet, not a plastic one (dad still remembers getting splinters from it) so no one was happy to see me repeatedly try to shove that thing in my mouth.

Grandma and Grandpa said I was much more animated and active than when they last saw me at Christmas. They also got to see my crawling moves; I'm sure next time I'm there I'll be speeding around the house.

Aunt Jessica also visited for a bit, and she got to feed me and see just how much food I can finish off these days. Then she saw me in rare form as I was giddily shrieking and giggling with her for a good 10 minutes.

Yesterday I was sad to go home. I don't understand why we don't see Grandma and Grandpa more often, as they are just a 10-minute car ride away. But Dad says that's not true—the ride is much longer but I always fall asleep after 10 minutes. I think he's lying.


Okay, I stand corrected. Still, it was a great way to spend the weekend. And then I got to catch up with Babcia and Dido when I got back, so it's the best of both worlds!

When they weren't out shopping, Mom and Dad were busy over the weekend taking lots of pictures and videos of me, so be sure to check back here frequently this week to see them.